Monday, August 2, 2010

Soulmates

According to Wikipedia, a soulmate is "a person whom you have a feeling of deep and natural affinity, love, spirituality, compatibility, or intimacy/sexuality with.  A twin flame or soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join".

Does everyone have a soulmate?  Yes, I think so.  To me, soulmates need not be confined to a single person.  A soulmate could be your sibling, twin, spouse, friend.... I even believe a boy and girl in a platonic relationship can be soulmates.  I mean, why can't there be different soulmates for different occassions?  Is it set in stone, that there should only be one?

Some say, the lucky ones end up meeting their soulmates and marrying them.  I say, the luckiest of the lot are those who can identify the different soulmates in their lives, and live a life of abundance and happiness.

While I acknowledge (and love) my different soulmates, here's one I particularly want to mention.  Our first trip to India was nothing short of incredible.  You share my passion in the beauty that the people and the land has to offer, the intense spirituality in the path of yoga, and the humour when 'things' don't always turn out the way we expected them to.

For the times that we....


yoga'd by the beaches in Kerala,

wept at the beauty and sheer
magnificence of the Taj Mahal,
got blessed by the "Pushkar God",
(before getting rammed by the holy cow!)
opened our eyes to a "Match Made in Heaven", Bollywood style,

and left smiles all over the Indian sub-continent...

Here's to beautiful memories, endless laughter and more travel adventures!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

awww... blessed! Ok, I'm happy now lol!

Post a Comment