Monday, February 28, 2011

Tripsi-who?

Ever since I got onto the teacher's mat, I'd told myself that I would take a break from teaching each year.... to treat myself to a little bit of 'me' time (totally yoga-skewed, nonetheless).... and take the time to rejuvenate, refresh, rediscover the sweetness of the yoga nectar, and to fall in love again with my practice.


In my opinion, a teacher who teaches continuously without taking a break, (nor takes the time to advance and deepen his/her personal practice), is not good for neither the teacher nor the student.  Needless to say, I've attended yoga classes in my free time, and have come across teachers who not only look extremely tired (read : jaded) but also sound like a tape recording from the front of the room. Not only do they not innovate nor change their vinyasa sequencing, some don't even look at the practitioners, let alone provide hands-on assist. 


So, after religiously traipsing back to my Masters in Mysore annually since 2008, I've decided to give Incredible India a break this year, and immerse myself in the 500-Hour Tripsichore Yoga Teacher Training Program organized by Jiva Yoga, right here in Kuala Lumpur.


He shall be Master.... 
Edward Clark


And I the humble student....


The training will have grueling, entertaining, exhilarating yet demanding vinyasa sequences, and graduates of the course will have to be conversant with the sequences of Tripsichore Yoga, and the intricacies of the techniques and philosophies that form it, with the knowledge and versatility to apply to other forms and styles of yoga practice.


Edward Clark is infamous for his creative inversions and arm balances.  I'm super excited at what I'm about learn, and the fun I'm going to have on the mat, yet in the same breath, I'm about to have a nervous breakdown just thinking about it....


So, as I take the next couple of weeks to prepare myself mentally, spiritually and physically for D-Day on 18 April, I surrender to the fact that, in order to stay up and upside down, I must first fall down again and again and again... 


To attempt to fly, one must first learn to ground.  And ground I shall, as I allow the Universe to channel me toward a fun-filled path on my yogic journey. 


Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment