Friday, March 11, 2011

Goodbye, old girl

I lost a friend and a companion yesterday.


Smokee, in her fluffy, haughty glory
(1994 to 11.3.2011)
My old girl, Smokee.  You came into my life one fateful August evening, back in 1996, when I was still grieving on mum's passing.  Having nothing else to feed you, I ended up mashing up dog biscuits for you.  You mewed your appreciation, and then after, adopted me, flaws and all.


Out of your 17 years of life, you chose to spend a good 15 beautiful years with me.  You gave me nothing but unconditional love, loyalty, and the occasional gift (dead sparrows, frogs and even a baby bat!).


I will always remember how you have graced the many colourful chapters of my life.... you've seen me change cars, change boyfriends, change careers, get married.... the works. 


17 is indeed a very, very old age for a cat, and I am happy and blessed to have celebrated 15 of those cherished years with you.  You're indeed a legend!


But it was your time, and hard as it was, I just had to let you go.... to be pain free... and to allow you to continue to journey into kitty heaven.


You will always be in our hearts, old girl.
Rest In Peace, Smokee.

1 comment:

Carolyn Liew said...

So sweet yet touching... I still felt she wanted to see you and feel your touch when she was weak while I stroked her face that afternoon.. but don't feel bad.. she understands.. I will continue to burn candles for a week or so... She'll still be around in spirit.. who knows she may have paid you a visit :) She was also known as gangster cat to Agy.

She'll be in our hearts forever... the grey bundle with soft paws...

Post a Comment