Thursday, December 9, 2010

Settling In

After settling into my new rented home at Chamarajapuram, I ambled over to the Mysore Academy of Yoga in Lakshmipuram on Day Three, to meet my yoga master, Archarya Ramesh Kumar, and to get the course timetable.


Here's a look at the curriculum :
(Daily, including Moon Days and Saturday, with Sunday as Rest Day)


Asana Practice             5.30am - 7.30am
Pranayama, Mudra
and Kriya I                  8.00am - 9.00am
Yogic Anatomy and
Yoga Therapeutics I      9.00am - 10.30am
Break                         10.30am - 1.00pm
Pranayama, Mudra
and Kriya II                 1.00pm - 2.00pm
Yogic Anatomy and
Yoga Therapeutics II     2.00pm - 4.00pm
Backbend Practice         4.00pm - 5.00pm


Hmmmm..... looks like I've got to get up by 4am (since there are 2 of us sharing the house), which isn't too hard, since I'll be sleeping on this faux luxurious bed...

... wait for 30 minutes so that this high-tech piece of equipment can grant me a hot bath in the freezing cold monsoon morning... 
Water heater (read : boiler) and bath tub (read : orange bucket)
.... in order for me hop onto a speeding auto rickshaw and get to the shala by 5.15am.
The humble Mysore Academy of Yoga
Early nights and sweet dreams, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment