Friday, March 23, 2012

Going on a Spleen Break

A couple of days away, and it'll be the last week of March. Every year, around this time, I go on a 7-Day Detox, to give my overworked spleen, liver and what-nots in this factory called "my body", an overhaul.


So for 7-days straight, my body will be in deep cleansing mode. No pills, powders or potions - just loads of organic fruit, greens and nuts. Juice it, munch or crunch on it, it'll be purely wholesome, raw foods.... anything that isn't processed, sweetened or with a barcode on it. And add in lots of yoga, pranayama and meditation (but hey, that's already a given, for yours truly).


The first day will be a bit of challenge because, like in the past, there will likely be a struggle with withdrawal symptoms, BUT I'll be keeping this mantra in mind... 
Image from Google
... and I'll emerge with renewed vim and vigour... just in time to co-teach the 200 Hours Teacher Training in early April.


Love, Peace and Carrot Sticks.
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment