Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Students, My Inspiration

I received a beautiful gift, all the way from Tbilisi, Georgia this morning. 



The 5 beautiful souls that were in my teacher training last Fall, got this pendant custom-made for me. It spells my name in Georgian. I am so touched that they remembered me asking how to write my name in the local language when we were having our last team lunch together back then. The thought and the gift are indeed very special, and something that I will cherish dearly.

Fast forward to the present, these ladies have grown by leaps and bounds, found their authentic teaching voices and let their inner confidence shine. They truly are a capable bunch (and I'm not talking about getting into extreme poses like putting one leg behind the head either). I love their efforts to support each other in their yoga practice, and the community programs they have in place, to bring yoga off the mat... and in a country that they do not even call home.

There is certainly no better reward than to see them blossom in their yoga journey and in life. 

They inspire me, and they make me a better teacher.

Thank you, Eniko Pianovszky, Katarina Skogen, Hilary Adams, Diane Delpozo and Kate Smart.

May your inner fire continue to illuminate others on the path of yoga.

Om Namaha, Gratitude and Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment