Friday, April 2, 2010

Space

As a firm believer of classical training, a typical yoga class with me consists of a blend of the basic principles of alignment with a dash of my personal 'voice'.  Whenever I ground myself in the roots of my teachers' teachings, I reach out from my heart with authenticity to hopefully share a connection with the practice that goes beyond the asanas.

I can think of nothing more rewarding than teaching.   To inspire and encourage those who chose this path, and to watch them transform through yoga, is a life enriching experience in itself.  And learning through my students' journeys brings my personal practice to a deeper level.

I noticed that I use the word 'space' a lot during my classes.  "Create space between the vertabrae.... visualize space in your pelvis to externally rotate the thighs.....lift the trunk and create space in the ribcage...."

And so on that note, I dedicate the month of April, to space.

Wishing you.....
Space in your heart to embrace humility and forgiveness.
Space in your mind to accept new personal boundaries.
Space in your life to help those who are less fortunate.
And not forgetting space in my your shoe closet for those gorgeous new summer sandals, Havaianas and ballerinas.

Happy Easter, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SHOES.. glorious shoesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss lol!

Post a Comment