Friday, March 5, 2010

Know your ABC's

I was methodically laying out  the mats before my pre-natal yoga class one evening, when the Studio Manager walked into the room.  She noticed that I was carefully lining up the mats, to ensure there was approximate equal space between each mat, and promptly asked, "Do you have STD?"

I paused..... and looked up at her, mouth agape.  Before I could utter a sound, she looked quizzically at me and continued, "You know.... like that disorder that Adrian Monk has.... that detective on TV?"

I burst out laughing so hard that my sides almost split.  I responded, in between laughter, "You mean OCD, don't you?  Adrian Monk has OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?"

Shock and embarrassment registered in her face, before she too burst out laughing.

Monk is airing it's final season over cable.  I will miss Tony Shalhoub as the bumbling, fumbling, obsessively fastidious detective.

(Image of Monk from NBC Universal Inc)




No comments:

Post a Comment