Monday, March 1, 2010

Pulp Fashion

Yoga practitioners these days can be pretty fashion forward.  Some of the more popular brands of yoga attire worn in the studios here these days are Nike, Adidas, Adidas by Stella McCartney, Zobha, and Lululemon Athletica to name a few. 

Some practitioners invest in these brands ('invest' is an apt word, seeing how expensive they can get!) purely because you really get a bang for your buck as they last for years in spite of daily wear and wash. 

Alas, some practitioners make each yoga class a 'fashion show' to show off the latest tank top with matching crop pants, water bottle, mat and bag.

Having said that, there are some practitioners who don't seem to give a hoot on what they wear to class, and turn up in shorts and a baggy t-shirt where 'all is revealed' in Downward Facing Dog!

The more I practise yoga, the more conscious I get about what I put on - comfort, fit & dry, value for money, and ease of movement when I twist and look at the world upside down without worrying that I'm flashing my 'girls' for the world to see...you get my drift.

So....
Do you feel like you get an extra 'ooomph' in your jump-backs when you're in designer threads? 
Or are you the t-shirt & shorts kind?

Do you wear the clothes, or do the clothes wear you?

No comments:

Post a Comment